Pursuant to section 4103 of the Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA), the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) expanded coverage to allow for an Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) including personalized prevention plan services (PPPS) for an individual who is no longer within 12 months of the effective date of his/her first Medicare Part B coverage period, and has not received either an initial preventive physical examination (IPPE) or an AWV within the past 12 months. Medicare coinsurance and Part B deductibles do not apply.
- Clinical population management will work with the physician office to extrapolate data and identify patients who have not yet received their annual wellness visit.
- CPM will follow up and schedule the patient to complete the visit at the physician office.
- CPM will schedule own nursing staff to work under physician supervision and complete the visit and provide the data collected along with the follow-ups needed to physician.
- CPM will document entire visit in Physician electronic records
- If no such record is available CPM will provide additional software to store Visit data